Service Owner/Solutions Architect
We are looking for a senior software developer strong in solution architecture design to join our team.
We'd like you to bring technical vision and extensive experience to Propellerhead, helping us to continue producing software solutions in an agile, lean and evolutionary manner.
You’ll be adept at pivoting from big picture strategy to design and technical implementation, as the project requires. You'll set and advise on local or team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security and test automation guidelines, and the selection of appropriate development methods.
You will specify and design large or complex systems while providing advice, mentorship and assistance to less experienced colleagues. We’ll depend on your judgement, opinion and insights to ensure that early delivery and continuous improvement is possible.
Far from being a theorist, you will be contributing to code on a day-to-day basis. You'll be up with the play on emerging trends and be able to quickly prototype new ideas to judge their value.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years development experience in multi-tier and distributed applications in Java or .NET. (If .NET, you will need to also demonstrate some Java experience)
- Hands-on experience with designing solutions targeting cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS, including active participation in building CI/CD pipelines
- Sufficiently technology agnostic to be able to draw from the best components or programming languages to deliver an outcome
- You are regarded as a valued advisor to previous clients and colleagues, balancing technical excellence with commercial pragmatism
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and translate complex topics with clarity in different business circles, from a development team to a board of directors. This includes being able to present your designs using lightweight documentation and clear diagrams as well as providing verbal explanation
- Experience achieving strategic objectives with lean product roadmaps
- Career evidence of getting things done: staying organised, building rapport, and following through on work while have others' best interests at heart
Propellerhead delivers a portfolio of software solutions to commercial, non-profit and governmental clients across a range of technologies.
Our clients include New Zealand's largest government transport entity - Auckland Transport; the governing body of rugby union - New Zealand Rugby; one of the largest telcos - Spark; our national postal service - New Zealand Post; and the Ministry of Education, Auckland Museum, and Skinny.
We pride ourselves on our attraction of interesting, meaningful work, our highly capable team, and our carefully thought-out company environment.
- Interesting, varied projects for big clients
- World-class team
- Equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination
- A culture of collaboration and flexibility
- Plenty of office perks and beautifully designed, comfortable offices in the heart of Auckland
About New Zealand
So you’re thinking about moving to New Zealand? You've definitely picked a great country to settle in. We offer an excellent work/life balance, thriving tech scene, and some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.
New Zealand is ranked third in the world for best country to live and work in by the HSBC Expat Explorer survey, first in the world on the latest Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), and greatest country on Earth in the latest Telegraph Travel Awards.
Propellerhead has also recently become accredited with Immigration New Zealand, giving people access to the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier and faster to get, and are a direct path to residency. We’re interviewing candidates in Europe in October 2018 who may want to move to New Zealand and work for us.
We have recently become an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand. This means that if you’re not from New Zealand and want to move here and work for us, you can apply for the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier to get, are often much faster, and are a direct path to residency.
In-Person Interview in Europe or New Zealand
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris and Prague in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel during that time to meet with us. This will be the final stage in your interview process, and if selected, you'll receive an offer from us shortly after your interview. You also have the opportunity to meet us in New Zealand, if you'd prefer that.
It's critically important that you submit a cover letter with your application - we cannot progress your application without one. It needs to be at least 200 words, and is your chance to tell us more about who you are and what you value. This is very important to us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.