Senior Front-End Developer
Do you have extensive development experience and great UX sensibilities? Can you move comfortably from big picture strategy to design and technical implementation? Do you value beautiful design aesthetic, with a belief that form and function can work in unison?
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our team. Working in a creative and supportive environment, you will be instrumental in producing software solutions in a lean, Agile and evolutionary manner.
Our typical client engagements are large-scale, but often start small. We concentrate on the right combination of methodology, architecture, technology, and operating model. We believe software’s ‘natural state’ is live, in front of real users, and used for the purpose it is intended. The earlier we can deliver working software the sooner we are creating value. We are passionate advocates for open-source software, open data, and open ideas.
Skills & experience
- You have design and development experience in multi-tier and distributed enterprise web applications
- Your portfolio includes extension or adaptation of a current framework, integrating a major external library or new subsystems
- You are well regarded as a valued advisor to previous clients
- You have experience leading user research
- You are knowledgeable across a range of existing and emerging UX and digital product design tools and techniques
- Cutting-edge projects for some of New Zealand's brightest organisations
- Welcoming, friendly, equal opportunity workplace
- Very capable fellow team members
- A culture of openness, communication, collaboration and flexibility
- Beautifully designed, tranquil offices right in the heart of Auckland
Critically Important: Cover Letter
We receive and read many job applications every week, and one component we value very highly is your cover letter. We cannot progress your application without one. This is your chance to tell us more about who you are, what you value, and why you care about your work. Instead of bland and cliche-filled, we value authentic and personal. This will go towards getting you to the next stage.
In-Person Interview in Paris
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel to Paris during that time to meet with us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.
Learn more about our company here.