Senior Business Analyst/Product Owner
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives.
Working in the capacity of Product Owner alongside both our commercial and technical team members, you'll nurture the goals, strategy and requirements of our clients' solutions from inception to delivery.
You'll define business requirements for the long-term roadmap of digital products and facilitating the elaboration of requirement details for pending development sprints. Owning and developing relationships with partner agencies will be integral to your role, working with them to optimise and enhance their provision of services.
You'll also help design, document and maintain business processes, and communicate key insights and findings to project teams and clients. Delivering value will be critically important to you, and you'll have a natural affinity for finding ways to improve value to our clients.
It is essential that you have worked in an agile development environment and are familiar with the development of user stories and/or other outcome-based methods for describing requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Comprehensive experience in business analysis and/or product ownership specifically for software development
- Demonstratable experience writing user stories (examples in your application would be useful)
- Demonstratable experience with the long-term development of product roadmaps
- Demonstratable experience as a critical thinker, with the ability to devise alternative ways to achieving outcomes to the benefit of our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in leading client-facing requirements workshops, both pre and post sales
- Experience with working with 3rd party UI/UX designers and integrating them into agile software delivery
- Ability to work with complex organisations with several stakeholders at once, and have proven strategies for facilitating prioritisation of tasks
Propellerhead delivers a portfolio of software solutions to commercial, non-profit and governmental clients across a range of technologies.
Our clients include New Zealand's largest government transport entity - Auckland Transport; the governing body of rugby union - New Zealand Rugby; one of the largest telcos - Spark; our national postal service - New Zealand Post; and the Ministry of Education, Auckland Museum, and Skinny.
We pride ourselves on our attraction of interesting, meaningful work, our highly capable team, and our carefully thought-out company environment.
- Interesting, varied projects for big clients
- World-class team
- Equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination
- A culture of collaboration and flexibility
- Plenty of office perks and beautifully designed, comfortable offices in the heart of Auckland
About New Zealand
So you’re thinking about moving to New Zealand? You've definitely picked a great country to settle in. We offer an excellent work/life balance, thriving tech scene, and some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.
New Zealand is ranked third in the world for best country to live and work in by the HSBC Expat Explorer survey, first in the world on the latest Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), and greatest country on Earth in the latest Telegraph Travel Awards.
Propellerhead has also recently become accredited with Immigration New Zealand, giving people access to the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier and faster to get, and are a direct path to residency. We’re interviewing candidates in Europe in October 2018 who may want to move to New Zealand and work for us.
We have recently become an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand. This means that if you’re not from New Zealand and want to move here and work for us, you can apply for the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier to get, are often much faster, and are a direct path to residency.
In-Person Interview in Europe or New Zealand
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris and Prague in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel during that time to meet with us. This will be the final stage in your interview process, and if selected, you'll receive an offer from us shortly after your interview. You also have the opportunity to meet us in New Zealand, if you'd prefer that.
It's critically important that you submit a cover letter with your application - we cannot progress your application without one. It needs to be at least 200 words, and is your chance to tell us more about who you are and what you value. This is very important to us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.