Senior Business Analyst/Product Owner
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives. Working in the capacity of Product Owner alongside both our commercial and technical team members, you will nurture the goals, strategy and requirements of our clients' solutions from inception to delivery.
It is highly desirable that you have worked in an Agile development environment and are familiar with the development of user stories and other outcome-based methods for describing requirements.
You'll be focusing on the following:
- Define business requirements for the long-term roadmap of digital products and facilitate the elaboration of requirement details for pending development sprints.
- Own and develop relationships with partner agencies, working with them to optimise and enhance their provision of design or integration services.
- Help design, document and maintain business processes
- Communicate key insights and findings to project teams and clients
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve value to our clients
Skills and experience
- Comprehensive experience in business analysis and/or product ownership specifically for software development
- Demonstrable experience writing user stories (examples in your application would be useful)
- Experience with the long-term development of product roadmaps
- Demonstrable experience as a critical thinker, with the ability to devise alternative ways to achieving outcomes to the benefit of our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in leading client-facing requirements workshops, both pre and post sales
- Experience with working with 3rd party UI/UX designers and integrating them into agile software delivery
- Ability to work with complex organisations with several stakeholders at once, and have proven strategies for facilitating prioritisation of tasks
- Cutting-edge projects for some of New Zealand's most innovative organisations
- Welcoming, friendly, equal opportunity workplace
- Capable fellow team members
- A supportive culture of openness, communication, collaboration and flexibility
- Beautiful offices close to downtown Auckland
- The best coffee in town
Critically Important: Cover Letter
We receive and read many job applications every week, and one component we value very highly is your cover letter. We cannot progress your application without one. This is your chance to tell us more about who you are, what you value, and why you care about your work. Instead of bland and cliche-filled, we value authentic and personal. This will go towards getting you to the next stage.
In-Person Interview in Paris
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel to Paris during that time to meet with us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.
Learn more about our company here.