We're looking for an experienced DevOps-practicing engineer to join our optimisation team.
You'll work alongside core development teams to design cloud deployment architectures on Azure and AWS, and will lead the provisioning of deployment environments, including all aspects of servers, services and networking. You'll also support existing operations, with a mandate for continuous improvement and the goal to create systems that are as "hands off" as possible.
Ensuring aspects of security, scalability, supportability and performance are implemented in solution architectures will be central to your role, and you'll carry out scheduled software releases in partnership with development teams where full automation has not yet been achieved.
Role Elements Include:
- Assisting development teams to build continuous integration and deployment pipelines using toolsets selected for the particular technology stack
- Configuring monitoring and alerting tools and integrate into support desk software
- Providing technical assistance to support ticket triaging and troubleshooting, and designing and implementing proactive continuous improvement programmes for our solutions to minimise the occurrence of support issues
- Actively participating in the diagnosis and remedy of reactive support issues during business hours and on a shared on-call basis after hours
- Completing incident reports, including recommendations for ongoing mitigation. Implement mitigations in partnership with core development teams
- Documenting system architecture and configuration/deployment processes and proactively sharing technical knowledge with support developers across multiple teams
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong and proven experience in Microsoft Azure deployment architectures and Microsoft VSTS deployment pipelines
- System admin of Linux and Windows-based cloud-based server environments
- Implementation and configuration of relational and document (NoSQL) databases
- Some working experience of developing distributed enterprise and web applications in Java and/or .NET
- Proven scripting experience using PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy, python, shell or other common scripting languages
- Provisioning and configuration of virtual networking
- Familiarity with configuration of New Relic or similar monitoring framework, including building dashboards and alerting integration
- Some experience with AWS and open source pipeline tools would be an advantage
- Ability to easily switch context across different technologies and complex environments, and the ability to remain calm under the pressure of high-priority issue resolution scenarios
Propellerhead delivers a portfolio of software solutions to commercial, non-profit and governmental clients across a range of technologies.
Our clients include New Zealand's largest government transport entity - Auckland Transport; the governing body of rugby union - New Zealand Rugby; one of the largest telcos - Spark; our national postal service - New Zealand Post; and the Ministry of Education, Auckland Museum, and Skinny.
We pride ourselves on our attraction of interesting, meaningful work, our highly capable team, and our carefully thought-out company environment.
- Interesting, varied projects for big clients
- World-class team
- Equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination
- A culture of collaboration and flexibility
- Plenty of office perks and beautifully designed, comfortable offices in the heart of Auckland
About New Zealand
So you’re thinking about moving to New Zealand? You've definitely picked a great country to settle in. We offer an excellent work/life balance, thriving tech scene, and some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.
New Zealand is ranked third in the world for best country to live and work in by the HSBC Expat Explorer survey, first in the world on the latest Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), and greatest country on Earth in the latest Telegraph Travel Awards.
Propellerhead has also recently become accredited with Immigration New Zealand, giving people access to the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier and faster to get, and are a direct path to residency. We’re interviewing candidates in Europe in October 2018 who may want to move to New Zealand and work for us.
We have recently become an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand. This means that if you’re not from New Zealand and want to move here and work for us, you can apply for the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier to get, are often much faster, and are a direct path to residency.
In-Person Interview in Europe or New Zealand
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris and Prague in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel during that time to meet with us. This will be the final stage in your interview process, and if selected, you'll receive an offer from us shortly after your interview. You also have the opportunity to meet us in New Zealand, if you'd prefer that.
It's critically important that you submit a cover letter with your application - we cannot progress your application without one. It needs to be at least 200 words, and is your chance to tell us more about who you are and what you value. This is very important to us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.