Agile Software Analyst
Propellerhead delivers a portfolio of software solutions to commercial, non-profit and governmental clients across a range of technologies. We pride ourselves on our attraction of interesting, meaningful work, our highly capable team, and our carefully thought-out environment.
We are looking for a capable individual to join our team as an Agile Software Analyst.
This role spans the traditional roles of Business Analyst and Software Tester, and rather than simply checking work that developers have completed, you'll understand software requirements, and will work alongside our developers, service owners, product owners, and also our clients to shepherd requirements from design and build to deployment. You’ll be responsible for documenting the tests that the software will need to pass, carrying out manual tests and helping developers to design automated tests.
To be considered for this role, you would have worked in an Agile development environment in Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance and are familiar with the development of user stories and other outcome-based methods for describing requirements. You’ll also have clearly demonstrable attention to detail.
Main Role Components:
- Refining business requirements and specifying conditions of satisfaction
- Performing Quality Assurance by designing and carrying out software tests
- Ensuring user stories and all deliverables are completed
- Leading manual test efforts and assisting with test automation
- Managing the process of releasing changes
Other Skills & Experience Required:
- The ability and commercial experience that enables you to describe what ‘done’ looks like, and proven experience in eliciting requirements
- Technical troubleshooting including log file analysis and basic data analysis
- Decent experience in designing test strategy and test plans based around acceptance criteria
- Experience with working with clients on defining user stories and confirming acceptance criteria
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Interesting, varied projects for big clients
- The empowerment to do your job
- World-class team
- Equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination
- A culture of collaboration and flexibility
- Plenty of office perks and beautifully designed, comfortable offices in the heart of Auckland