Agile Software Analyst
We are looking for a capable individual to join our team as an Agile Software Analyst.
This role spans the traditional roles of Business Analyst and Software Tester, and rather than simply checking work that developers have completed, you'll understand software requirements, and will work alongside our developers, service owners, product owners, and also our clients to shepherd requirements from design and build to deployment. You’ll be responsible for documenting the tests that the software will need to pass, carrying out manual tests and helping developers to design automated tests.
To be considered for this role, you would have worked in an Agile development environment in Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance and are familiar with the development of user stories and other outcome-based methods for describing requirements. You’ll also have clearly demonstrable attention to detail.
Main Role Components:
- Refining business requirements and specifying conditions of satisfaction
- Performing Quality Assurance by designing and carrying out software tests
- Ensuring user stories and all deliverables are completed
- Leading manual test efforts and assisting with test automation
- Managing the process of releasing changes
Other Skills & Experience Required:
- The ability and commercial experience that enables you to describe what ‘done’ looks like, and proven experience in eliciting requirements
- Technical troubleshooting including log file analysis and basic data analysis
- Decent experience in designing test strategy and test plans based around acceptance criteria
- Experience with working with clients on defining user stories and confirming acceptance criteria
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Propellerhead delivers a portfolio of software solutions to commercial, non-profit and governmental clients across a range of technologies.
Our clients include New Zealand's largest government transport entity - Auckland Transport; the governing body of rugby union - New Zealand Rugby; one of the largest telcos - Spark; our national postal service - New Zealand Post; and the Ministry of Education, Auckland Museum, and Skinny.
We pride ourselves on our attraction of interesting, meaningful work, our highly capable team, and our carefully thought-out company environment.
- Interesting, varied projects for big clients
- World-class team
- Equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination
- A culture of collaboration and flexibility
- Plenty of office perks and beautifully designed, comfortable offices in the heart of Auckland
About New Zealand
So you’re thinking about moving to New Zealand? You've definitely picked a great country to settle in. We offer an excellent work/life balance, thriving tech scene, and some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.
New Zealand is ranked third in the world for best country to live and work in by the HSBC Expat Explorer survey, first in the world on the latest Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), and greatest country on Earth in the latest Telegraph Travel Awards.
Propellerhead has also recently become accredited with Immigration New Zealand, giving people access to the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier and faster to get, and are a direct path to residency. We’re interviewing candidates in Europe in October 2018 who may want to move to New Zealand and work for us.
We have recently become an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand. This means that if you’re not from New Zealand and want to move here and work for us, you can apply for the Talent Work Visa. These visas are easier to get, are often much faster, and are a direct path to residency.
In-Person Interview in Europe or New Zealand
We are holding in-person interviews in Paris and Prague in October 2018, and if your application is successful, we will require you to travel during that time to meet with us. This will be the final stage in your interview process, and if selected, you'll receive an offer from us shortly after your interview. You also have the opportunity to meet us in New Zealand, if you'd prefer that.
It's critically important that you submit a cover letter with your application - we cannot progress your application without one. It needs to be at least 200 words, and is your chance to tell us more about who you are and what you value. This is very important to us.
Moving to New Zealand
We’ve collated information about Propellerhead and moving to New Zealand here.